Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Asado

Asado is Tacoma, Washington's newest Argentinian hot spot. Located in the 6th Aveue Business District, this restaurant fits right into the surrounding jazz clubs, restaurants, and dueling piano bar. The atmosphere is trendy and the decor is warm and inviting. My friends and I chose this restaurant for the cultural experience, and we had an amazing time!
In order to have to full cultural experience, I started off the night with a caipirinha, the traditional Brazilian cocktail. It was a little too strong for me, but I'm glad I tried it. For appetizers, we had the ceviche, which was marinated fish with avocado and plantain chips. This fish and avocado paired very well together and the plantain chips were light and crispy! We also had the empanadas, which were filled with savory beef and lamb. These were also delicious, but I prefered the ceviche.
For dinner, I had the "Pitu Puerco" which was a pork chop suffed with chorizo, cranberries, golden raisins, almonds, apples, and fennel served with cachaca cider jus and mased potatoes. I chose this dish for the interesting flavor combinations and let me tell you, it was amazing! For a girl who usually orders pasta or seafood, I was delightfully surprised! I ate every last bite of it AND had a tasting of each of my friends' dishes.
Other dishes incuded braised lamb shank with bacon leek butterbeans; butternut squash gnocchi with macadamia nuts, wild mushrooms and brown butter sauce; and Black Angus hanger steak. Everything was delicious and all of my friends thoroughly enjoyed their meal!
My friends and I all agreed that this place was worth visting again. The prices were reasonable, the food was exceptional, and everything came with a cultural learning experience!!

Asado
2810 6th Ave.
Tacoma, WA
http://www.asadotacoma.com

No comments: