Friday, March 9, 2007

Bistro 211


Bistro 211 is a quaint little restaurant in Carmel, California. I visited this restaurant in March 2007 while on Spring Break. My friends and I went on a road trip from Tacoma, Washington to San Francisco, California. My good friend Amanda discovered this place online as she made plans for our trip. We had our share of great food on this trip, and Bistro 211 was one of the favorites! It turned out to be a very charming restaurant with good food, wine, and ambiance!
Bistro 211's charm is reflective of the surrounding city. I immediately fell in love of Carmel's charater. Anyone who shares my passion for bistros and cafes would enjoy visiting Carmel. Chefs Jon and Carmen Magunsson present european cuisine and offer an selective wine list with reasonable prices.
Amanda's parents treated us to a 2002 bottle of De Tierra Merlot which was made nearby in a winery in Monterey. This wine was made from organically grown grapes and according to wine critics, it has hints of mocha coffee and smooth body. I felt that this was a nice addition to our bistro dinner! The menu of dishes were a mixture of salads, sandwiches, pastas. I ordered one of my favorites, Gnocchi. Gnocchi are little pillowy potato dumplings served like pasta. The Gnocchi included sauteed white prawns tossed with chicken, italian sausage, peppers, and mushrooms in a light cream sauce with parmesan cheese. It was truly delightful and I was so excited to try it that I regretfully forgot to take a picture of it first! It was definitely a meal to remember!
Of course, no meal would be complete without dessert and the Baked Crepes were delightful! The crepe itself was soft and mild in flavor and it was nicely complemented by the light and fluffy mascrapone cheese filling. The crepes sat ontop of two fruit sauces, mango and raspberry, which complemented each other well. This dessert was a perfect ending to our evening at Bistro 211!

Bistro 211
211 Crossroads Boulevard
Carmel, CA
http:www.bistro211.com/

No comments: