Saturday, September 1, 2007

Alan Wong's Recipe

I was so inspired by the Hamakua Springs Tomato, Beet, and Avocado Salad from Alan Wong's that I had to try to make it for myself! I ventured out to the farmer's market to gather the produce and found the recipe online for the li hing mui vinaigrette. I wasn't able to get ALL the ingredients (hearts of palm, yellow tomatoes and yellow beets) but I came close! I also wasn't able to present it the way they do at the restaurant... but it tasted pretty close to the real thing!



Recipe:

Red and yellow baby tomatoes
Roasted red and yellow beets
Avocado
Cucumber
Hearts of Palm
Li Hing Mui Vinaigrette
Micro Basil
Micro Shiso

Vinaigrette:
1 Whole egg
2 T Ume Paste
2 T Li Hing Mui powder
1/4 c Mitsukan Rice Vinegar
1 c Salad oil
1 t fresh lemon juice

No comments: