Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Fat Greek

After months of anticipation, the Fat Greek had finally opened and I was excited to try it out! From the outside it looked like it was going to be really good because it provided a nice outdoor seating option that resembles something out of Greece. After fighting for parking on two occasions, I finally had a chance to check it out; but to my disappointment, it was not all that I hyped it up to be. Nothing bad about it, perhaps I just hyped it up too much for myself. It could have improved since opening, however, because the owner stopped by our table and mentioned something about still experimenting with recipes.



The Babaganoush ($5) was a mixture of roasted eggplant, olive oil, and garlic, served with warm pita bread.



The greek salad ($7) included cucumbers, olives, feta cheese, tomatoes, and red onions. The dressing was a nice vinaigrette.



Garlic fries were just fries topped off with garlic.



According to my boyfriend, the gyro ($7) was just "okay." Leo's Taverna (downtown) is better.



The bakalava ($3) was very disappointing. It was soaked in a heavy almond syrup that was too strong for my to enjoy it.

The Fat Greek
3040 Waialae Ave.
Kaimuki, HI 96816

No comments: