Wednesday, April 16, 2008

San Francisco

San Francisco is an amazing city, and each time I visit, I find something new. Each trip has been brief (just a few days long) but filled with wonder and excitement, leaving me looking forward to more. I recently went to San Francisco to visit my sister who is in her first year of college at San Francisco State University. This time around, with my sister as my guide, I got to see San Francisco from a “local’s” standpoint. In the past I had only visited the typical tourist spots like downtown, Ghiradelli Square, and Chinatown. I never realized that there was so much more to the city, and thanks to my sister, I developed an even greater appreciation for a city that I already had fond memories of. Although this trip was very short, it turned out to be an exciting and heart warming experience. It was filled with new tastes, sights, and best of all, uninterrupted sister bonding time. After two full days together, I wasn’t ready for it to end. As the doors to the airport shuttle closed, tears came to my eyes as I realized how grown-up my little sister had become as she showed me around the city, and my I felt so touched as I realized that in the last few days, our roles had reversed as my little sister had taken care of me.

1 comment:

kaydeeee said...

ashley!!!!!you made me all teary eyed with that blog.but im really glad you came to visit, i had a lot of fun.i miss having you here, even though you were only here for a couple of days.even sonia and melisa, and im sure ivy, miss you too!!!!reading your blog makes reminds me of all the fun we had together and all those delicious foods that i got to experience.miss you and ill be seeing you in a month!love you!