Friday, May 2, 2008

Nordstrom Cafe

A girl has got to shop..and what a better place to take a break from shopping than the Nordstrom Cafe? After being thoroughly impressed with the new Nordstrom department store in Ala Moana, I knew that I could expect only the best at the Nordstrom Cafe. The excellent customer service and high quality products that you get in the store is mirrored in the cafe. Its the perfect place for a bite to eat in the middle of a shopping marathon!



You may have to wait in line to get a seat at the cafe; however the wait isn't long and you're served cheesy crostini while you wait. Once you enter, you order your food cafeteria style, which is a little different, but it gives you a chance to see all the food. Once I saw all the choices, I had to think twice about what I was ordering. There are several salads, sandwiches, panini, pizza, pastas, and entrees. Once you get your food and pay a server comes to take your tray and leads you to your seat. The servers are there throughout the meal to fill your glass or bring you anything else that you forgot to order. This is first-class service in a cafe!

The food was excellent! I had the soup of the day and the Blue Cheese and Pear Salad.



The soup was an artichoke parmesan soup topped off with a cheesy crostini ($3.75). If you like parmesan, you'll love this soup! And the crostini was sooo yummy!



The salad was organic baby greens, romaine lettuce, blue cheese, pear, candied walnuts, and champagne vinaigrette ($10.50). The candied walnuts were quite large, and looked homemade. These are some of my favorite ingredients in a salad... yum!!



The Avocado Club Panini was roasted turkey, bacon, avocado, tomato, swiss cheese, and roasted garlic aioli pressed between two toasty pieces of country bread.



The blueberry scone was also a great choice!!

Nordstrom Cafe
Ala Moana Center

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well, my experience might have been better than yours. my line was shorter than yours. i had this tofu miso salad thing that made me want to eat salad forever, and that is a BIG DEAL for a meat eater like me to say. LOVED it. i havent loved something in a long time like that. but hence, i am in japan now, and yeah. whole nother level. so, lets go together later if you want to invite me