Monday, July 14, 2008

Marion Crepes



Ever since I've been back from Japan, there have been two things that I've been craving to eat: soft cream and crepes! Sadly, I don't think I'll find any Soft Cream in the states, but luckily, there are a few places in Hawaii that serve crepes. The Cream Pot (see my posting from May) has wonderful french-style crepes, but there is something about having a Japanese style crepe all wrapped up and held in your hand. For some reason its much more tasty (and fun) eaten in your hands than with a fork on a plate. I'm glad to say that I've satisfied my craving for crepes because for a limited time, Shirokiya is featuring Marion Crepes from Tokyo, Japan!

I had my first tasting of Marion Crepes last February at Shirokiya. My boyfriend and I waited in a crazy line for maybe 30 minutes!



We watched as the crepe makers carefully crafted each crepe and stared at the tantalizing display crepes to make up our mind as to which flavor we would choose. We were very satisfied with this special treat, which is why I went back for more this time around. Luckily, this time we waited only about a minute!



I had the strawberry and banana chocolate creme crepe with ice cream. The crepe was slightly sweet, soft and chewy. And the whipped cream was from Japan (I saw the packages)! I usually don't care for whipped cream on American desserts, but Japanese whipped cream is very different and much more delicious! Of course, it would be ten times better if the ice cream was soft cream... but I'm not complaining, this one was enough to satisfy my craving!



Other flavors included strawberry azuki, blueberry, peach, azuki and kuri (chestnuts), and pineapple. The crepes range from $5.25-$6 depending on the flavor and whether or not you want ice cream.

Marion Crepes will be at Shirokiya for a limited time only, so be sure to check it out soon!!

Marion Crepes
Shirokiya at Ala Moana Shopping Center
1450 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96814

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ash!!!! i just got back yesterday and i saw the commercial on tv for the crepes and instantly thought of you!! im glad you got it!!! my mom wants to go get it today, we shall see. i totally agree about the whip cream!!! i never even ate a crepe in japan, how disappointing is that one..