Friday, November 9, 2007

Panya Bistro

Panya Bistro was a fun place for my girlfriends and I to hang out because it provided a fun and modern atmosphere. The decor can be described as "chic" and the first thing you notice when you walk in, is the liquor lined up on the back-lit glass shelf. Although the restaurant was small, we felt that we could hang out and chat for some time. The food was not the greatest; but the dessert was well worth it! :)


My salad included a bed of romaine lettuce, strawberries, green apples, red onions, tomatoes, and salmon sashimi. This was an interesting combination of flavors and I'm not sure I enjoyed the strawberries with the salmon.


The vegetable sandwich was very disappointing. Without much of a description on the menu, we assumed that it would be a hot, grilled vegetable sandwich. Instead it is wheat bread filled with mustard, lettuce, mushrooms, and avocados. Not much of a sandwich...


If you're in the mood for dessert, Panya is the place to go! The green tea azuki roll was so delicious. The outer layer is a moist cake made with a strong green tea flavor and it is rolled with a sweet azuki cream filling! A very excellent flavor combination!

I'm already a fan of Panya's Hokkaido Bread (which is a light, fluffy sweet bread), so I had to try their Hokkaido Bread Pudding. The sweet creamy pudding sauce was heavenly when paired with the famous Hokkaido Bread!!

Also delicious was the Japanese Cheesecake! This version of the rich American Classic was fluffy with a delicate flavor. This was my kind of cheesecake because I don't usually care for the rich, dense dessert that most people think of when they hear "cheesecake."

Panya also offers a number of fun cocktails that can be great in combination with dessert. Next time, I think my girlfriends and I will just stick to dessert and drinks!

Panya Bistro
Mall Level of Ala Moana Center (Near Gap)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a lot of times japanese places pay more attention to the presentation rather than the taste