Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Wedding Cafe

Every girl dreams of what her wedding day would be like...the guy, the flowers, the music, everything! Manoa Marketplace has a little cafe that provides a wealth of information when it comes to that big day! The Wedding Cafe is an ingenious combination of a wedding resource center and a cafe. Future bride and grooms can make plans for their perfect wedding while enjoying a bite to eat.

My girlfriends and I are not anywhere close to that big day, but we like to dream. For my birthday, we decided to have lunch at the Wedding Cafe and then head over to Manoa Nails to get pedicures! Talk about a girls-day-out! :) The wedding cafe has a girly and stylish ambience that inspires romance. To top it all off, there was an extra bit of special-ness that day because my boyfriend's sister and brother-in-law (Shandis and Adam) had flowers waiting for me when I got there!! :)



The menu consists of salads, soups, sandwiches, desserts, coffee, and tea. All are fresh, yummy, and very reasonably priced!


The beef barely soup was tasty, and best of all, it was elegantly served in a mug.



The chicken walnut garden salad is a mixture of shredded chicken, mayonnaise, and walnuts on top of a bed of romaine lettuce. Unlike many other places that load their chicken salad with mayonnaise so that it tastes like I'm eating chicken with my mayonnaise, this one had just the right amount!


Each sandwich comes with two pretzels and a pickle. Perfect complements to a sandwich! :)


The best part of the lunch was my complimentary birthday cake! It was a chocolate spooncake... a warm gooey chocolate cake topped with whipped cream! It was soooo good that there wasn't a single bite left after my girlfriends and I devoured it!

The wedding cafe is a great place for lunch even if you're not planning a wedding! It provides a cozy atmosphere and offers great food at reasonable prices! The owners just recently opened up a new cafe in Ward Center that focuses more on the cafe than the wedding resources. The menu is the same; however the food is served on styrofoam plates rather than ceramic.

The Wedding Cafe
Second Floor of Manoa Marketplace
2752 Woodlawn Drive Suite 5-209
Honolulu, HI 96822
www.theweddingcafe.net

2 comments:

B said...

I had this salad when i went here

Unknown said...

see, weddings are exciting!!! it looks yummmy!